NHS Tayside will be holding their inaugural AfPP Scotland regional study day looking at the patient’s journey ‘From Rescue to Rehab’. The programme will incorporate many aspects of trauma patient care, covering a wide range of specialised areas and topics.
Speakers will discuss numerous aspects of trauma care, lessons learned from the battlefield, dealing with the traumas of military conflict in comparison to that of the civilian care pathway and how this has evolutionised ‘Ninewells Major Trauma Centre’.
Topics covered include:-
- Extrication and Transfer of the Trauma Patient
- The Evolution of Anaesthetic Assistant Support in the E.D at Ninewells Hospital
- Trauma Anaesthesia
- Major Trauma Surgery
- Vascular Trauma – An Insight into Typical Injuries and Interventions
- Neurology Trauma
- Trauma Surgery; A Scrub Nurse Perspective
- Lessons from Trauma on the Battlefield – an ODP Perspective
- Post Op care – A Look at The Major Trauma Ward
- Rehabilitation – The Journey Forward
- NHS Tayside and The Future Workforce
For more information and to book,email or call Kelly Squires on 01423 881300.