The Royal College of Anaesthesia’s updates events are three-day meetings consisting of lectures and topical discussion. The meeting is intended for doctors engaged in clinical anaesthesia, pain management and intensive care medicine (i.e. consultants, trainees, staff and associate specialist grades or their overseas equivalent) who would benefit from a refresher of the latest updates in areas of practice they may be exposed to regularly or only occasionally.
Experts will present up-to-date information on a wide range of topics, informing participants on updates in basic sciences relevant to anaesthesia and allied specialties.
- Perioperative blood management
- Quality and patient safety
- From the specialties
- Cardiology update
- Intensive Care Medicine
- Obstetric anaesthesia
- What the papers said in 2017
- Aspiring to excellence
- Paediatric anaesthesia
- Fatigue and the anaesthetist
- Emergency care
- Regional anaesthesia
Delegate feedback from previous event
- “Excellent update and refresher course with extremely useful information about anaesthesia, intensive care, pain and emergency medicine; very useful information for daily practice”
- “A very high quality of talks and a good range of topics”
- “Appropriate, practical and applicable for daily patient management”
Networking reception for all delegates – Tuesday 12 December 16:50
Why not join us at the end of day two for drinks and nibbles and the opportunity to meet with fellow delegates.
For more details and to book, visit: https://www.rcoa.ac.uk/education-and-events/updates-anaesthesia-critical-care-and-pain-management